Karangura Trekking Service
KTS is founded by Tugume Kenneth a Ugandan local trained tour guide who loves to share his country’s endowed beauty on foot .Kenneth shows guests the beautiful areas he has grown up in and introducing them to his friends and families in local villages.
Kenneth has trained and mentored over 150 tour guides in the Rwenzori region who are now earning from the guiding skills and knowledge attained.
Kenneth has set up kaarangura trekking services to improve on hiking services and improve the livelihood of the local people living in and around the Rwenzori Mountains. The money got from tours is used to support Vulnerable & orphaned school going children in the Rwenzori Mountains.
We are located in Kazingo village 15Km from fort portal tourism city north of Rwenzori Mountains.
We do trekking and hiking services to the northern Circuit of Rwenzori Mountains. We provide experiential guided hikes to Karangura peak (3012m), mini treks to Bundibugyo through Bwamba pass and overnight stays in Rwenzori mountain Ranges and Semuliki national park.
Make us your best choice to book a hike to the Rwenzori Mountains with due to the fact that the money you invest goes directly to support the local community.
To provide quality tourism services on mt rwenzori that effectively improves the livelihood of the local community living near and around the Rwenzori Mountains.
A respected and valued service organization that is committed to improve tourism standards & services on mt Rwenzori and fostering community development through conservation of existing mountain natural resources for sustainable tourism business.
The following values guide the activities and relationship between kazingo trekking services and its customers and stakeholders:
- Integrity: we are accountable, transparent, ensure fairness and exercise business development devoid of unscrupulous practices.
- Environmental stewardship: we protect and uphold the integrity of the environment for Eco- tourism development.
- Excellence: we pursue excellence in tourism practice.
- Teamwork: we encourage team spirit, collaboration, consultation and we maximize on synergies for greater output.
- Customer focus: we treat our customers with courtesy, respect and delight to attain their satisfaction.
- Professionalism: we exercise competency, skill, knowledge and ethical behavior in our activities.