Life in Kazingo Village Rwenzori Mountains
The life in the Rwenzoris is very hard. To get water for washing and drinking the people have to walk over long distances. Getting power is only possible via solar panels which itself are costing relatively much if you compare it to the little income most of the families have there. But this means also that it is very difficult for parents to send their children to school, since the school fees for many families is not affordable.
To address those problems many community projects were started in the Rwenzori Region – the Kazingo trekking services is one of them.
Karangura trekking services was founded to generate an income for the surrounding Communities – mostly the Bakonzo, Bamba and Batooro.
To provide quality tourism services on mt rwenzori that effectively improves the livelihood of the local community living near and around the Rwenzori Mountains.
A respected and valued service organization that is committed to improve tourism standards & services on mt Rwenzori and fostering community development through conservation of existing mountain natural resources for sustainable tourism business.
The following values guide the activities and relationship between kazingo trekking services and its customers and stakeholders:
- Integrity: we are accountable, transparent, ensure fairness and exercise business development devoid of unscrupulous practices.
- Environmental stewardship: we protect and uphold the integrity of the environment for Eco- tourism development.
- Excellence: we pursue excellence in tourism practice.
- Teamwork: we encourage team spirit, collaboration, consultation and we maximize on synergies for greater output.
- Customer focus: we treat our customers with courtesy, respect and delight to attain their satisfaction.
- Professionalism: we exercise competency, skill, knowledge and ethical behavior in our activities.